Friday, March 30, 2012

The Joint Baby Shower

So my brother's fiance and my husband's cousin (both of whom I am very close with) were due to have babies in March, only two weeks apart. I was lucky enough to be able to host a small joint baby shower for them in February. One was having a baby girl, Lily. One was having a boy, Jared.


I hosted the party at my home. I set up the dining room table with pink and blue mints, and wish boxes for each baby. I found this super adorable (free) printable here that I set out for people to fill out as they came in and dropped off their presents.








 For games we played the classic game where everyone has a safety pin on a ribbon around their neck. Since both mom-to-be's were about to pop and unable to cross their legs, no one else was allowed to either. The person with the most safety pins at the end won. I also found this adorable (free) printable baby animal game here. Lastly I found a new version of an old childhood party game, with a grown up twist. Pin the sperm on the egg was a total hit! You can purchase it from www.pinthespermontheegg.com. 

Instead of doing a traditional cake for the baby shower, I have a friend of mine who is working on starting up a bakery, and I had her make some delicious cupcakes. Cupcakes seem to go over better than cake does these days, especially when they are special flavors like pink champagne.


 
Here is my God-Daughter Lily, born March 14, 2012

Here is my nephew Jared, born March 29, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment